kat_eden , Parent asks:

Mad Libs with a whole class?

Has anyone tried doing MadLibs with a whole class of kids?  My 2nd grader loves doing them on his own and I'm thinking of doing one with his class at tomorrow's Christmas party but I'm afraid it might be chaotic and not fun!  Any tips or ideas?
In Topics: Working with my child's teacher(s), Helping my child with reading, Family fun / holiday celebrations

Best Answer!

Break them up into teams, adjectives, nouns, verbs, adjectives.  Have them get together with their team and huddle to come up with a list for their subject area.  
Give them strips of paper to write each word from their list on.  Have each team put their strips into a bag with their team name on it - "nouns" "verbs" etc.  
Then put the bags at the front of the class and have each team line up in their own row.  When you call for an adjective, the first person in the adjectives team line runs up to the front and picks a strip from the adjective bag and calls it out, then goes to the back of their team line.