BigSis
BigSis asks:
Q:

Mailing letters while child is at camp

My sister is staying at an outdoor science camp with her 6th grade class for the entire week. Families have the option to write letters while their child is at camp. I was wondering if anyone had any fun ideas on what to mail? I was thinking about drawing her something to include with her letter, but my drawing skills are limited to stick figures... Any ideas?
In Topics: Camp and summer enrichment, Nature and outdoors, Family fun / holiday celebrations

|

Best Answer!

Hi BigSis,

Great question; she's lucky to have such a great older sister!

My little sister recently attended her first sleepaway camp, and she was feeling a little homesick. I sent her a letter, along with a few coloring pages I printed, and a small box of crayons.

The coloring pages were mainly horse themed, as she was at horseback riding camp and (clearly) loves horses. I think coloring pages are a fun option because they give kids something to do during some of the down time. They were a huge hit! Education.com has a bunch of free, printable coloring pages. Try browsing the hundreds of options - you can narrow them down by sub-topics such as sports, fairy tales, animals, vehicles, etc. Hope you find something she likes!

Additionally, another member previously asked a similar question about homesickness, and received some cool ideas. You may find some helpful information in the responses to that member's question.

1
0
Anonymous