bariaepiphany asks:

Making them develop friendships

How do i make my pupils gain friendships instead of developing the feeling of rivalry inside the class?
In Topics: Friendships and peer relationships

Lunamoth writes:
When a student is doing or has completed something different or unusually well I will often ask him/her to explain to the class how they do/did it.  Then I ask for quick brainstorming ideas.   Brainstorming has to be explained continuously....otherwise, students will quickly shoot each others ideas down in mid air.  Brainstorms anything goes.

We are on this journey together. No one is or ever can be an island unto themselves.   A poster project showing community, interdependence, creative problem solving in a group, cooperation, etc. vs. rivalry, competitiveness, independence.  Use actual photos of your students- allow them to use the camera.  You may have to get parental approval, but if you explain they are to be used in your classroom only most will agree.
A good question for discussion or research...Did every inventor, creator, builder work completely alone? EVER?