lizziebell
lizziebell asks:
Q:

I am making a grad speech any tips?

In Topics: School and Academics, Volunteering and citizenship

|
CJA829

Best Answer!

Hi lizziebell,

Congratulations on having the chance to speak. One suggestion I can think of is to remember your fellow students/grads in your speech - not meaning that you need to give a shout out to specific people or grade, though you can, but just remember that it's about more than just your own experience. There are some experiences or events that most of the audience can probably relate to and it's nice to keep that in mind.

I've heard other speeches that ended up being the speaker's own personal thank-you speech to a chosen few people and family. While that's great to have in a speech, it shouldn't be all of it.
People are listening, it's a great opportunity to make them laugh, or make them think, or make them excited about the future or at least the ceremony. You never know who you might inspire. And you can do that best by being yourself, and using your words.

~CJ

0
0