Anonymous
Q:

DID A MAN NAMED DAVE TAYLOR EVER COACH WRESTLING AT DAYTON H.S ?

THIS MAN VOLUNTEERED TO HELP TRAIN/TUTOR OUR SON IN WRESTLING. HE SAID HE HAD BEEN A COACH A DAYTON H.S. ( nv )
In Topics: Working with tutors

|

KidAngel

I cannot locate any information on the Internet that verifies what you were told. I would simply call the High School in Nevada and ask BEFORE you take him up on his generous offer.

Kid Angel Foundation
Barbara Antinoro
Educational Consultant

0
0

Before allowing your son to train with Mr. Taylor, I would recommend that you directly contact Dayton High School (or its school district) to confirm his previous experience with the school. Additionally, I would ask Mr. Taylor if he is licensed to teach wrestling in your state or county, has references from other parents whose children have trained with him (with names and phone numbers that he's willing to share with you so you can follow-up directly), and that he has a clean, safe facility. You could also do a background check via the Internet for a fee (Google "background checks" for a list of sites that offer this service).

As another safety precaution with any wrestling tutor you hire or allow your son to work with, I would confirm the person isn't listed in any of the sexual predator databases (readily available online at no charge; here's one you could try: http://www.familywatchdog.us/).

You should also review insurance or liability issues. Some sports facilities require that parents sign a liability waiver, putting the onus on you and your insurance carrier to cover any medical expenses as a result of an injury during one of the wrestling sessions.  

Lastly, I would recommend that you supervise your son's wrestling trainings to ensure he is getting the most from the experience and knows you are there to support his success in the sport (encouraging him as needed).

1
0
Hi, Here is a page in SchoolFinder with the contact information for Dayton High School in Nevada:

http://www.education.com/schoolfinder/us/nv/dayton/dayton-high-school/

There is also a link to the district website from this page.

0
0