zeaeevee
zeaeevee asks:
Q:

How can I manage 4 disabilities?

I have severe ADHD and then I have Dyscalculia, OCD and a bit of Depression/Without thoughts of death. And how can I get help without therapy or medication? Do you have any tips that I can help and heal myself?
In Topics: School and Academics, Dyscalculia, Special education

|

I am sorry to say that we are unable to give specific medical or psychiatric information on this forum. However, you may wish to connect with your physician or a local mental health association.

These links may help as well-

http://www.CHADD.org
 http://www.ncld.org

Best wishes and good luck!

Louise Sattler, NCSP

0
0

dw.s4s
dw.s4s writes:
The first suggestion I have for you is diet.  Many people with ADHD are simply reacting to allergens in their food. For instance, red dye #5, yellow cheese and oranges can be irritants to people.  Anything that you eat- pay attention to how  you feel 20 or so minutes later.  If you are feeling agitated or "just not quite right" then cut that food/drink out.  

Dyscalculia is something that you should work with a good tutor/teacher to find exactly what does make numbers real for you.  We have a student that has been diagnosed with it and she is doing very well with the guidance from our high school tutor.  It is really important for whoever is working with you to understand exactly what type of learner you are and how to adapt your lessons to your style.  

The OCD/Depression are things that you can also find are upset by foods and stress etc.  Coping skills as simple as coloring or doing puzzles can be a great way of dealing with things.  Depending on what your specific likes and dislikes are will determine what coping skills will work.  Much of it is trial and error.  If you are really set against conventional medicines; I suggest herbal teas or homeopathic/naturopathic remedies.  Reiki is another option for many people to deal with how the body reacts to OCD and depression or chronic fatigue and pain. Therapy can be as simple as writing a journal. You say you do not have thoughts of death- I am hopeful that this also means you do not have thoughts of hurting yourself.  Should those be the case I would hope that you do find someone to talk to.  Outside of conventional therapies and depending on where you are located-- check into something called Celebrate Recovery.  It is a Bible based program- but the groups that meet together to talk about their troubles are confidential yet are still just people like yourself, trying to get through day to day.  Now please understand that these are things that I myself have tried-- they are things that I believe in.  They may or may not be right for you but I am always willing to provide ideas.  Good luck to you.

0
0
Anonymous