TerryWilliams
TerryWilliams , Teacher asks:
Q:

Need math activities for special education class

Hello everyone I need your help, I have always worked in regular edu. k-2. This year I am in special education, I love it, but I need help. I need some type of math activity, the student are 3-5 grade. We have been working on numbers 1-50, they do OK with identifying some of their numbers but not all. I just think to have a fun math activity with numbers will help them to recognize the numbers that they don't remember. If anyone has any good ideas please let me know.

Help Please : )
Terry
In Topics: Helping my child with math, Special education, Special needs

|

I have found Pinterest to be chalked full of activities for all ages across math and language arts!

0
0

Janeharlin
Janeharlin writes:
Try to turn it into a game.  My students love math basketball. Each student is shown a flashcard with a number.  When the student correctly identifies the number (with or without prompting), he/she gets to take a basket (I have the kids throw a crumpled piece of paper into a small sand bucket on the ground).  The students also have to keep their own score by writing the number of baskets they have made.  This might work well for your class too!

0
0
wnhasni
wnhasni writes:
i love to use concrete things like chopsticks, sweets, straws and etc..in order to recognize the numbers, u can use multi sensory teaching aids..so that, they can touch and trace it..=)

0
0
spedcoordinator
spedcoordin... writes:
you can use a sand box and have them trace the number in the sand.
use paint and have them write the number with their finger
make a deck of cards with numbers and items to match
usually special needs children do very well with manipulatives
write numbers from 1 till 10 on their finger tips (palm side) and play a game , call out the number and they have to make the combination bu putting the appropriate two fingers close together.
good luck

0
0
Anonymous