Anonymous
Q:

Looking for Math Monkey teaching suggestions and reviews

Do you know anything about Math Monkey? Are there any suggestions you can give me for teaching with a Math Monkey method?
In Topics: Helping my child with math

|
ASimon
ASimon writes:
While I am definitely no expert on Math Monkey I know a few basics about their overall curriculum that may be useful to you. Math Monkey is a legally recognized franchise in all 50 states of the US and essentially is an alternative teaching method and viable supplemental education focusing on math skills.

Math Monkey primarily uses the "Vedic" system of math. This is rooted in Indian arithmetic and is a way of performing calculations mentally, without the use of paper or calculators with an emphasis on fun games and activities to engage children.

Here is the mathmonkey website FAQ and a video clip of a news report on the math monkey program:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoSpYflucfI
http://www.mathmonkey.com/faq.php

-Alex

1
0
karenf.at.mathmonkey.com.irvine
karenf.at.m... writes:
Math Monkey Mission Statement - Math Monkey Knowledge Centers are a revolutionary new supplemental education service that helps kids to excel by teaching them math in a fun and challenging environment. There are two kinds of kids in the world. Kids who LOVE math, and kids who WILL LOVE math. Math Monkey takes the mystery out of math to turn your little monkey into a big thinker.

For more information, go to www.mathmonkey.com/irvine.

0
0
PinkyT
PinkyT writes:
how old is ur child?..if he is about 7-9 years old...you can start off by teaching him the ten point circle...and go in deeper as he grows...i have attached a link below ..hope it will help you..by the way i do teach maths to my students using vedic maths formula...

if u need help ..let me know...

0
0