MysteryLogicLover
MysteryLogi... asks:
Q:

How I can help my medicated ADD?

I am 15 and I have ADD. I started taking medication for a while, but stopped due to financial issues. I'm now back on it after two years of not being medicated. My problem is, my ADD makes me behave in certain ways that I would like to better because I am getting older and need to be more mature, but it's getting harder to make serious decisions. I am also a highly intelligent student, but often don't know how to apply my knowledge. My intelligence is so high, I am often told by others around me, that I don't sound my age, but sound older and as if I have already gone through college(I haven't) due to my depth in the way I speak and by the analytical processes I take. I am going through therapy with my psychiatrist who might diagnose me with anxiety. Help me?
In Topics: My gifted child, ADHD & attention issues, Anxiety

|

Hello and thank you for writing!

It would seem that finding a local group with others your age who also may experience similar challenges can be beneficial.  This way you can sit among your peers and find a niche group that may share "pearls of wisdom" with each other and enjoy each other's company.  

Groups such as CHADD.org and local MeetUps may be one avenue to help you connect.  Community colleges may also offer advanced high school students some programming and guidance.

Good luck and I wish you much success!  Your chronological development will catch up with that amazing and mature spirit that you seem to demonstrate so wonderfully to others!

Louise Sattler, Psychologist
@LouiseASL

1
0
Anonymous