robjack
robjack asks:
Q:

How does the science experiment Water Electrolysis help the community get better?

In Topics: Science fair

|

greenprof2

Well, I'm not familiar with that one! Electrolysis separates hydrogen and oxygen in the water molecule. It takes a lot of energy to do so. I can't imagine how that would have any affect on one's community.

Michael Bentley, EdD, Expert Panelist

1
1

chemteacher
chemteacher writes:
The only way I know of electrolysis (adding energy to water to split it into hydrogen and oxygen gas) helping the community is in creating oxygen in tanks for heart patients. Sometimes heart patients need to breath extra oxygen to help them during activities like walking. A traditional oxygen tank can be heavy and hard to pull around. The newer oxygen generators use electrolysis to create oxygen out of water. These tanks are lighter weight, work off of battery power, and can be refilled with distilled water if used over a long period of time.

0
0
oxadol
oxadol writes:
I don't know but want to know.

0
0