celticwoman
celticwoman asks:
Q:

Which military branch to join?

I'm very interested in the military and want to join the Army, Navy or Air Force. But people say the Army is bad and the Marines are the best to join. Which branch is easy to join and leave? I do not want to join the Marines. They have nothing I'm interested in. I already talked with a Army recruiter and they told me that women don't go to boot camp. I've never done this before but do you have to make an appointment with a recruiter or can you just walk in? I want to join the military to serve this country but don't know which one to join.
In Topics: Jobs/Careers

|
greenprof2
greenprof2 writes:
Have you considered the Coast Guard? If I wanted to join a service, I would go for the Coast Guard. I think the Coast Guard does great service and you don't have to go to Afghanistan! As to the "how to" part, I'd recommend making an appointment with a recruiter in your area. Good luck!

0
0
Rashun27
Rashun27 writes:
I would say that the Air Force will be the best service to join since you do not have to move around so much. I have heard of people staying at one duty station for their entire 20 years of service. I was in the Navy, it is okay but I suggest you not go anywhere overseas as your first duty station because it's stressful and I was on a ship for 7 months straight waiting on the Army to come back to our ship so stay in the States if you want to be in Navy.

0
0
Safioleas
Safioleas writes:
Seriously?  No boot camp?  I doubt that.  Get it in writing!  If you are looking for something easy, the military is not going to be the best route for you.  Try the Peace Corps, which is very easy to leave, or AmeriCorp, which always needs good volunteers.  Some of these organizations will even help to repay your student loans.

0
0