lazaro
lazaro asks:
Q:

Is milk causing my 7 month old to vomit?

pls help me? am so confuse cause my baby when he changing his milk cause his 6months old now he was sufering vomiting now dnt know what to do pls help me/and also whay baby is vomiting help me solve this serous problem with my 1st baby pls tnx and more power hope to hear from you soon its very important. god bless.
In Topics: Nutrition, Medical problems

|

speak with your pediatrician, clinic, or medical home about this problem.  Most newborns at six months are still breastfed or on formula, and if allergy is an issue, that would be the first best stop.

Wayne A Yankus, MD, FAAP

2
0

Danielle
Danielle , Parent writes:
Perhaps you can talk to your doctor about possible allergies. Are you using formula? Many children have problems with certain formulas. Some children also have problems breastfeeding as well. Several of my friends had kids who had issues like this, which cleared up considerably when the mom changed her diet-- it may be that your child is sensitive to something you are eating if you're breastfeeding. Talk to your doctor and ask about tracking your diet to see if that affects things (or adjusting your child's diet if the baby is on formula.) Just so you know, it may also be that your baby has something called reflux, which my own child had-- he spit up all the time and vomited often and we eventually got some treatment-- a combination of medicine, changing his position while eating and sleeping, etc. Your child's doctor should be your first step.

2
0
babybluejeans
babybluejeans writes:
my baby same thing. couldn't seem to keep milk down. Doctor switched him to baby soy milk formula. I used it in his pablum too.  not only was he satisfied after a bottle or feeding, there was no crying, and a happier baby.  I myself have been drinking soy milk for 11 years and have had only 1 cold in that time.  dairy milk tends to cause alot of ailments in babies and grown ups, pls google.  kidney stones, ear aches; mucous, psoraisis etc.

0
0
mheyman
mheyman writes:
All:  most babies will do some "spitting up" -- in fact we affectionately term these babies, who are otherwise normal and growing well, as "Happy Spitters", and no treatment is necessary except to realize that your babies will outgrow this.  Milk allergy can occur, but often begins earlier and responds to taking all milk out of the diet.  Only about 2-5% of all babies have a milk allergy, which is often over diagnosed in infants.  A baby who is spitting/vomiting often and not maintaining weight or developing other problems such as breathing difficulties (e.g., asthma) should be evaluated by the pediatrician for gastroesophageal reflux, referred to above by Danielle, or for other problems.

1
0
Anonymous