kimimai
kimimai , Parent asks:
Q:

Milk protein allergy

Last year I fought with the school about my daughters allergy to milk protein. They didn't have soy milk for her weeks at a time.  This year we seem to be going through the same issues.

Yesterday I spoke to a lady in the cafeteria who said they would have the soy milk in my lunch time yesterday, that didn't happen.  Today my daughter came to me after school and told me a lady in the cafeteria poured the regular milk into her bowl and told her to drink it anyway, when I went to the principal about it she brushed me off.  It was as though she didn't care at all about this. This is the same principal that gave me trouble last year when my daughter was assaulted 3 times by the same kid.

What can I do about this? What do I do when the board of education doesn't help or do anything?
In Topics: Physical Health, School safety (not bullying), Nutrition

|

If your school is not on the federal lunch program, you may have to supply soy milk for your daughter yourself.  Cafeteria workers in some states receive education regarding food allergies but, frankly, its mostly about peanut allergy.  Go to your director of food service who may not be on site at your school and discuss the problem. If that is unsuccessful, go to the superintendents office and discuss it with her.  In the end, you would be better to supply it yourself and then it is guaranteed to be there.  Use the box containers like Parmelatt which don't require refrigeration.

0
0
Anonymous