rmerillat
rmerillat asks:
Q:

We missed our son's 6 mos vaccines, he is now 8 mos, when should we get the next shots?

We our without insurance and I just found out about shots 4 tots.  I know I could just ask his ped. but I feel really bad about missing his shots. I don't know if we still need to get his 6 mos shots as soon as possible and then his 9 mos ones or if we should just wait to get his 9 mos shots?
In Topics: Physical Health

|

Go now. Your child needs the protection of the vaccines. There is usually a "grace" period for catch up. We can't do them sooner, however.  The only one with a fairly rigid schedule is the Rototeq for rotavirus.

Go ask your pediatrician. Insurance covers the vaccines and administration not the timing.  If you have no insurance, the federal government sponsors the VFC or vaccines for children program which is free or if you are in some states like Massachussetts they are all free.  VFC is administered through your pediatricians office from a separate supply.  Ask her/him about it.

2
0

sare-bear
sare-bear writes:
I am under the impression that he needs to have all of his shots to attend school when the time comes. I went through it myself. My mother was almost unable to put me in the 5th because I didn't have all of my shots but they gave them to me right then and there.
If you are able to afford it just get what you can for shots untill he is caught up with his immunizations, but talk with the pediatrition though anyways just to see what he/she thinks.

0
0