dashika asks:

i am a mixed number with a value greater than 1 1/3 and less than 1 1/2. as an improper fraction, i am written as 7/5

In Topics: Helping my child with math
> 60 days ago


Answers (1)

laurenf writes:
Hi dashika,

If we know the improper fraction form is 7/5, we can figure out the corresponding mixed number. To go from improper fraction to mixed number, we need to change 7/5 into a (whole number) (number/number) like 1 1/3 and 1 1/2.

How many times does 5 fit into 7? Only once, so the first number of our mixed number is 1. When we subtract 5 from 7, we're left with 2. So the numerator of our mixed fraction is 2, and our denominator stays at 5. So 7/5 = 1 2/5.

Hope that makes sense. Some helpful articles and worksheets are included below.

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend Education.com to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely