Jenakem
Jenakem asks:
Q:

how do i get my mom to give me more space. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is a pretty odd question but the truth is that my mom prys a lot. If a boy calls me on my cell phone she immediately asks me to delete his number. I dont know why she does this and she wont even let me go to the convent and seal my future as a nun. Am just 14. All i want is for my mom to stop this so I can talk to boys without looking over my shoulder. I need ideas anything that can help. My dad was like that but he has changed now. Am even in an all girls school. I cant even have a casual discussion with a boy in my mom's presence.all my life I've been forced to stay away from boys. Now am so shy i cant stand face to face with boys including my boyfriend (secret). Sori for the length of my question
In Topics: Parenting / Our Family, Teen issues

|

Parents are going to be protective with their teenage daughters, especially when they are 14.  You may not be able to change her behavior, but what you can do is continue to demonstrate that you are a responsible and honest young lady.  We worry that you are hiding a boyfriend from her because if she finds out, she will clamp down on you very hard.  Slowly, over time, by showing you are responsible, trustworthy, and can make good, healthy decisions, you will gain more freedoms and your parents will likely back down and trust you.  But that trust is something that will need to be earned over the long run.  You may even want to ask them how you can earn their trust to be given more freedoms.  By asking them this using this language, you make it about what you can do instead of complaining about what they do.  It also shows that you are ready and willing to work for more freedoms, which is a trait parents always try to instill in their children.  

Please remain patient and demonstrate positive behavior by making good choices!  Take care and remember that you can call the Boys Town National Hotline 24 hours a day at the number below, free of charge.  We are here to help, you are not alone!

Counselor, NZ

www.YourLifeYourVoice.org
1-800-448-3000
Friend us on FACEBOOK today &
Access the live on-line support feature on www.yourlifeyourvoice.org  8-11p CST M-Th

1
0

Akhilbaby
Akhilbaby writes:
the problem is your in girl school and she thinks you can take care of yourself. She thinks you will get pregant the minute she let you be with a boy and be a mom for a baby.. You might doom your life!! SHE JUST CARE AND LOVE YOU ONLY!! My suggestion is SIT DOWN WITH YOUR MOM AND TALK WITH HER!! You might think you dad is not like that but he is keep an wacthfull eye on. You are a girl and they love you more then your brothers(if you have). There are alot of people out there who will hurt you and waiting to hurt the moment you give them a chance or your parents take off their eye of you. So sit down with your mom or dad.. whom you feel comfortable talking with and TALK!!! closesure with parents is better then friends... they will help you.. if that doest help then you ask me again.

1
0
Akhilbaby
Akhilbaby writes:
***REPOST*** the problem is your in girl school and she thinks you CANT take care of yourself. She thinks you will get pregant the minute she let you be with a boy and be a mom for a baby.. You might doom your life!! SHE JUST CARE AND LOVE YOU ONLY!! My suggestion is SIT DOWN WITH YOUR MOM AND TALK WITH HER!! You might think your dad is not like that but he is keeping an wacthfull eye on. You are a girl and they love you more then your brothers(if you have). There are alot of people out there who will hurt you and waiting to hurt you the moment you give them a chance or your parents take off their eye of you. So sit down with your mom or dad.. whom you feel comfortable talking with and TALK!!! closesure with parents is better then friends... they will help you.. if that doest help then you ask me again. @@@REPOST@@@

0
0