Verreax
Verreax asks:
Q:

Why doesn't my mom listen to me?

My mom yells makes me mad all the time and I keep from yelling back. But sometimes it gets really hard because all of the little things build up. So when I yell and get angry she tells me I'm not allowed to yell and sends me to my room where I calm down and then apologize. I then later  talk to my mom and ask her to please stop doing whatever she was doing. She has always told me that I can ask her to stop but when I do, she yells than won't listen to what I have to say. She just makes excuses and yells again.
My parents are divorced and I live with my mom every other week. My stepdad has changed her way of seeing things and now she can only see the bad in me. What should I do?
In Topics: Teen issues, Blended families

|

ShirleyCressDudley

I'm sorry you are having a tough time with your mom. It's tough when parents divorce and you go back and forth between two houses.

I agree with your mom that yelling isn't necessary- not for you or for her- but it is important to be able to share your feelings.

Talk to your mom, when she's not upset about what is bothering you. Tell her you love her and want to work it out.  You can even ask your stepfather to help you communicate with her.  Asking for his help will help him listen to you and understand your perspective more.
1
0