lisgmz
lisgmz asks:
Q:

How to motivate my 5 year old to go to school?

This year I have had a really tough time dropping off my son at school. He went to pre-kinder and cried like most kids, first two weeks tops. I thought that because of his school experience in pre-k it would be easier this year in Kinder. And its only in the mornings during drop off. I mean he literally runs back towards the car and cries like someone is beating him up. Being the third week into school I dont know how to motivate him into going to school. I talk to him everyday after he comes in the bus. All he says is that he doesn't like school and he wants to be with me. The more I tell him how important school is and how I have to go to school as well and work I can't get him to understand. And now its to the point that he is not doing good in class. He has had accidents, he has fought with other little kids and I know he is doing this because he is mad that he has to go to school. I don't know what else to do.
In Topics: Kindergarten readiness, Communicating with my child (The tough talks)

|

Each public school should be equipped with School Counselors and School Psychologist who are prepared and able to handle this type of behavior. I would seek them out hopefully they will provide you with the help you seek.

Louise Sattler, Psychologist

0
0