nessi1716
nessi1716 asks:
Q:

How can I motivate my daughter for kindergarten?

My daughter has always done good in daycare and in the VPK class she was in there. We had to relocate to another city and I moved her to a school where the curriculum for VPK is a little harder (more work less play) even though they do make it fun for the children. I now am facing the issue where she does not want to do her homework or even go to her VPK class to learn. I took her today to Kindergarten orientation at the elementary school and I feel that she is rejecting it. I tried to show her how fun it would be and tried to get her to look at all the cool things in the class room and she just disregarded me. I tried to talk to her about it and all I was able to get from her was that she just wanted to play. My daughter is the kind of child that doesn't talk a lot and when she doesn't like or want to do something she locks up her emotions. I don't know how to motivate her to be excited about starting Kindergarten or how to bring back the enthusiasm she once had. Can anyone give me any ideas?
In Topics: Public School, Self esteem and identity, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

ChiefLaughALot
ChiefLaughA... writes:
Why do we, as parents feel like everything has to be embraced? Do you embrace everything you do? Probably not. Is there someone hanging around worrying about you and trying to be your 24/7 cheerleader? I doubt it. Sure we want our little precious snowflakes to leap into each day with joy but let's face it..they have at least 13 years of "school" to slog thru. Give her a break. Let her feel her way thru it. Don't take away her opportunity to grow and collect coping skills. Be there for her if it isn't the best day of her life but let her have some boring, dull as smog weeks. Life is full of that...

2
0
Anonymous