skmcbanker
skmcbanker asks:
Q:

How can I motivate and encourage my son to study his lessons in school? He is turning 6 next April and seems not interested in schooling.

My son is more than 5yrs.old and in Kindergarten II but he is more into playing and seems not interested in schooling. He easily get tired in writing and not interested in learning how to read. What will I do to motivate him and how can I encourage him to learn?
In Topics: Kindergarten readiness, Motivation and achievement at school

|
rkaiulani
rkaiulani writes:
In kindergarten, it's important to remember that "schooling" and "playing" are not mutually exclusive. That is, through the act of playing and exploring his environment, your child is actively learning. Furthermore, some experts believe that as the demands of school get more and more intense at an early age, it's simply not appropriate to push young children too hard in the academics early on. Your child may be stressed and responding with a decreased interest in reading and writing. You can help by trying the best you can to make learning fun and exciting, instead of a chore or assignment.

If you need some ideas, here are fun kindergarten reading activities that your child may enjoy:

2
0
kumail
kumail , Parent writes:
hi, i think parents behaviour with his child is very important.you should create a friendly environment at your home if u or your wife spent some time with him in school for some days it would be very helpful for your child.i am a 6 yrs child father & i faced same problem as with you &solve the problem as mentioned

0
0
salfam
salfam writes:
I encourage you to research learning styles: some kids are auditory or visual or kinesthetic learners. If you can tap into his unique style, you may have more success. Good luck!

0
0
momtazy3
momtazy3 writes:
For me help teaching my daughter to learn counting. I ask her questions to the pictures she needs to counting. For example: How
many cakes do you see for you and chloe to eat? The picture may show
just one cake or up to five cakes. I also include peoples names to help like I did in the example.

0
0
hummingbird26
hummingbird26 writes:
its time to teach him about real life its hard without knowledge you need school to make it in this world without it no job no money no house no food there is one and only one thing in the world that no one can ever take from him and that is his education but most important let him know you are there and care about his future and lead him down the right path tell him the mistake you have made and help him not to make the same everyone makes mistakes its learning from them and not repeating them that you and him will grow from

0
0