hannie
hannie asks:
Q:

motivation needed in teaching?

is motivation needed in teaching?
In Topics: Motivation and achievement at school

|

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk,

It is my opinion that if a person is to enjoy and be successful at their employment then they need to be motivated.  As an instructor, I know that I owe it to my students and myself to be motivated and to do the best job I can.

Of course, this is my opinion and I will be interested to see what others share.

Owner of SigningFamilies.com

1
0

drgiggs
drgiggs writes:
Internally motivated TO teach?  Or, externally motivating students to learn?  I'd say the more of both the better...

1
0
khyoben
khyoben writes:
It makes the learner keen and enthusiastic, easy and phearent, parmanent and effective. Good motivation initiates and directs action in the desired channels.

0
0
genermcmillan
genermcmillan writes:
Dear as a teacher you want to motivate your self internal. But externally you are a guide too so you make always motivate your students with good skills . For example you can give writing motivation tips for that you can refer the site.

0
0
TeacherandParent
TeacherandP... writes:
Motivation is very helpful but teachers can foster motivation in students - if every teacher waited for their students to come to school already motivated, they'd be waiting a long time. I try to motivate my students with good lesson planning that intrigues them and helps them to be excited about what we're learning.

0
0
thuytrang02
thuytrang02 writes:
I think that's the professional love

0
0
john18967
john18967 writes:
Although the idea to teach students without being influenced by personal biases is a noble one, it appears to me that it is almost impossible to avoid some of these biases. Unconsciously we always fall victims of them and no book describes how to really stop being influenced at that level. This, as any other book on the same topic, presents ideas that are more or less obvious to those who are really good teachers and reflect on their work from time to time; hence, they can correct these more or less obvious flaws in the evaluations of the students without having to read the book.

Besides the above general problem, the book is written in a very dry and boring style. Only the most dedicated people will finish it. If you buy the book because of interest and not because your expertise is in a closely related field, then you will be totally unmotivated to read it. The authors know to write sentences using good grammar and syntax but they do not know to *write* an exciting book. They just add sentences one after the other to fill about 400 pages of text without adding any material to make the reader wanting to read it.

So, buy this book only if you are a social sciences professional seeking a formal book. Anyone else can look for alternative books which contain similar material but they more fun to read.

0
0