JLCMom
JLCMom asks:
Q:

We moved across town - transfer now... at the trimester... or let him finish where he is?

Our Kinder student loves his teacher, and his teacher really likes him. In fact, the teacher asked us if there was any way we could keep our child in his class and our child desparately wants to stay in the class he is in. When is the right time to move him to the new school? We are leaning toward the trimester mark... but are concerned that maybe we should let him finish out the year where he is since he is doing so well in the class. I need other points of view...
In Topics: Children and stress

|
A child's kindergarten year of school is a very important and formative one.  This is where they form many of the relationships and learning habits that will carry  through to all of their elementary years.  Although kids are resilient, I would suggest that since there are only 4 monts left in the school year, and your child is very happy and successful where they are, you should let them stay in their school until the end of kindergarten.  Your child will then have the summer to emotionally prepare for the transition to a new school.  

Boys Town, in cooperation with Education.com

0
0
sillyone
sillyone writes:
i had the same problem occur and I ended up pulling her and transfering at the holiday break   she has ajusted very well in her new class and with her new teacher.  Make your own choice but if you need to move make it exciting for your child like an adventure  ....it does work.   hope this helps  

0
0
cute_violetflower
cute_violet... writes:
I'm only young and have moved many times, so I can tell you it would be less stress on you child if you let him finish the school year.

0
0