krishr
krishr asks:
Q:

MS or Ph.D in GIS

I’m interested in applying for the Master of Science in Geographic Information System and Remote Sensing
I have a master’s degree in Information Technology with specialization in Database Management and a
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science . I wanted to know whether I’m eligible to apply for this course with my technical background. Also what other options do I have for further studies in GIS and remote sensing. If I have to pursue a Ph.D, can I just take a graduate certificate course in GIS or do I have finish master's degree to apply for Ph.D

|
greenprof2
greenprof2 writes:
Hey, good question! It sounds like to me that with your MS in IT and your specialization that you are definitely equipped to apply for further education in the rapidly growing GIS field. Already having a masters, you can indeed apply to a doctoral program. Be prepared for about 2 years of courses and then a semester or more of researching and writing a dissertation. Graduate school have different requirements in this field so you might shop around for a program that meets your needs. Good luck!

0
0
bettyphillips70
bettyphilli... writes:
Most students need help with dissertation writing, just because they have enough other things to do except for their dissertations. You have the option of writing dissertation on any subject, regardless of the level of education to do.

0
0
MoonWriter
MoonWriter writes:
Undergraduates write a thesis not because it will be a ground breaking article of study. They write it because it helps them with the practice of research, formulating premise, focus on material and presentation in a structured format ready for review.

If done correctly, this process hones the skills of the student in the process of thinking through a problem or proposition and presenting the problem and conclusion in referenced and pragmatic format.

The excuses in this article sound like a pre-teen trying to get out of chores. nobody will ever read it. It is just a rehash of other peoples work, do I really have to grade this boo hoo.

The idea that they are filling up the archive. I have a solution. Have the student provide a softcopy of the thesis. Store it on drive. A seagate 2 terrabyte HD cost $99.

0
0