krishr
krishr asks:
Q:

MS or Ph.D in GIS

I’m interested in applying for the Master of Science in Geographic Information System and Remote Sensing
I have a master’s degree in Information Technology with specialization in Database Management and a
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science . I wanted to know whether I’m eligible to apply for this course with my technical background. Also what other options do I have for further studies in GIS and remote sensing. If I have to pursue a Ph.D, can I just take a graduate certificate course in GIS or do I have finish master's degree to apply for Ph.D

|
greenprof2
greenprof2 writes:
Hey, good question! It sounds like to me that with your MS in IT and your specialization that you are definitely equipped to apply for further education in the rapidly growing GIS field. Already having a masters, you can indeed apply to a doctoral program. Be prepared for about 2 years of courses and then a semester or more of researching and writing a dissertation. Graduate school have different requirements in this field so you might shop around for a program that meets your needs. Good luck!

0
0
bettyphillips70
bettyphilli... writes:
Most students need help with dissertation writing, just because they have enough other things to do except for their dissertations. You have the option of writing dissertation on any subject, regardless of the level of education to do.

0
0