louisepma
louisepma asks:
Q:

how does NCLB affect English first language

In Topics: National education standards and No Child Left Behind, State education standards, Learning a second language

|

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk,

I am not sure exactly what you are asking in reference to the No Child Left Behind Act, however I will try and offer an answer.

I believe that NCLB does acknowledge that not all children have English as their first language.  Many schools throughout the nation now offer ESL classes and support for children who are not English speaking within their homes.

For more information please see this website: http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/oela/index.html

Thank you for writing!

Owner of Signing Families

1
0

Below are some additional informational resources you may find helpful. Please also consider adding more details to your question, by clicking the "Add to my question" link under the In Topics list. This could help improve the responses you receive.

0
0
Anonymous