Anonymous
Q:

neighbor ADULT is a bully

How can I handle my neighbor's husband who has threatened to "whip" my 16 year old son on the phone when he KNEW I was not at home. I also believe he poisoned our dog but I cannot prove it.  He does not like the fact that we live here.

|

It must have been so upsetting to hear your neighbor threaten your son. I am very sorry to hear that you are struggling with this right now.

It is important to know that you can call the police and inform them of the situation. It is a very serious that your neighbor has made "terroristic" threats against your son and you have the right to protect him.

Be prepared for an escalation of negativity between you and your neighbor if, and when, you contact the police. You might also consider speaking directly with your neighbor to try and avert further escalation of the conflict. Some folks are very reasonable and this approach can be effective. For others, they have their own troubles and this approach may not be effective. In that latter case, police involvement will be the safest approach.

Good luck.

Counseling Psychologist
Education.com Expert Panel

2
0

tink
tink writes:
I would definatley report all innapropriate behavior and I would suggest getting an outside camera installed in case the behavior gets worse.

0
0