Alyssa1408
Alyssa1408 asks:
Q:

Is it normal for a 10 yr old boy to be sexually intrested in a 4 yr old girl and act out on what he desires?

In Topics: Communicating with my child (The tough talks)

|

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk,

I would say that this is not within normal parameters.   I would strongly suggest you connect with the child's local School Counselor, School Psychologist or a professional, such as a pediatrician/ mental health counselor, to further delve in to this situation.  They will keep your information confidential.

Best wishes-

Louise Sattler, Psychologist

0
0

shortstacy
shortstacy writes:
no its not

1
0
EricaMcFarlane
EricaMcFarl... writes:
No. That is not normally the case. Ten year-old boys usually hate little girls and are generally not in tune with their sexuality.

1
0
avidal
avidal writes:
No! This is just scary to me. We had a life changing thing like this happen in our family.A  four year old child in our family was molested by a 11 in our family.It tore our family apart.The 11 was taken to juvenille.Then taken away from family and put into counseling for years.Was giving back family after a 2 years but was unable to be around other children including siblings. Counselor felt that this child must have been a victim of sexual abuse at some point.This child was a victim at school and was just acting out what they were experiencing.It took years to get throughthis and family has never recovered.The child wasnt required to be a registered sex offender but was arrested twice,taken away from family several times for same incident.The four year old recieved counseling.Cps investingating whole family interviewed all children.All were required counseling.Cps seemed to judge whole family based on the actions of this child.I would seek counseling for 10year old and talk to ten year old and all children around about sexual abuse.I would keep my eyes open because the ten year old maybe a victum of abuse.What ever you do dont ignore this because it is uncomfortable to deal with.I would also be very careful about things 10 year old my be exposed to.I WOULD LIKE TO MENTION THAT WE WERE UNABLE EVEN WITH GOOD ATTORNEY TO GET11year old back or out of juvie.11year old was handcuffed an scackled just like an adult would be.8 yrs later this family ended up divorcing and we still dont spend any time together as a family because of this.11 year old will never be looked at the same.

0
0
LouiseSattler , Child Professional writes:

In my opinion, I believe this is not within normal parameters (based on your brief statement).  Therefore,  I would suggest you connect with the child's local School Counselor, School Psychologist or a professional, such as a pediatrician/ mental health counselor, to further delve in to this situation where you can provide much more detail and they can meet with your son.  They will keep your information confidential.

Best wishes-

Louise Sattler, Psychologist

0
0