jaspup
jaspup asks:
Q:

what is "normal" for a 10yr old girl

My DD is homeschooled.  However, she is in several classes outside of home (soccer, French, theatre, etc).  
I did take her to be evaluated by a child psychologist who diagnosed AD/HD and Anxiety NOS.  But her symptoms seem over and above even these.  
She cries at the drop of a hat over 1) anything she doesn't want to do 2) ANYTHING out of order to her regular routine 3)changes: like transitions or not having a bath mat on the floor like she usually does--just happened last week!  Her crying can last 15 min or the "mood" can last for hours where it starts and stops.  Other times she can seem like a regular kid as long as everything is going smoothly for her.
She also seems to struggle socially at times.  She can play over at someone's home but later tell me about the conversation and she will have said something really mean to them.  When I point out that maybe that would not be nice....she either says that they were fine with it or that it is true so it's fine she said it.  She has a horrible time sharing.  She will pull things out of someone's hand or when I have intervened and asked her to share she throws it at the kid.  Sometimes she is too overbearing in getting into someone's lap or touching them to the point of annoyance (lack of personal space). Does this diagnosis seem right?
In Topics: My child's growth and development

|

It is hard to judge a diagnosis without seeing the child; however, I would suggest that there are multiple issues with this young girl.  A psychiatric exam by a pediatric psychiatrist would be helpful to set the path straight. a home behavior modification program would also be helpful to you and the family. If you are unable to see a child psychiatrist privately, ask about what your community mental health center can do or go to your school's principal and ask what is available for a Child Study Team.

0
0

Dr.Monika , Child Professional writes:
I think that you should have your daughter re-evaluated by a pediatric psychiatrist.  Your daughter's regular health care provider should be able to recommend one in your community.

0
0