marga
marga asks:
Q:

Is it normal for my baby to have a sounding cough after a BCG vaccine shot?

My baby just received his BCG vaccine shot just this last week of September. The area of the injection didn't become red nor swollen as expected. However, after 2wks he woke up in the morning all of a sudden having a sounding cough. No fever thankfully, and he's still active & playful. Is this normal? None of the article I tried to google with for answers seems to consider this as one of the side-effects. I didn't quite remember, if his pediatrician did say this as one of the after effects. Please educate me. I'm worried. Thanks!
In Topics: Child care

|

Hi Marga,

I'm sorry to hear that your baby boy has a cough. However, your question is really best answered by your son's pediatrician (or a licensed medical professional), who can examine him in person to determine the cause of the cough.

Below is some general information about childhood vaccinations, as well as some other resources you may find helpful for this stage of your child's development. However, this information is not a substitute for consulting a doctor and having your child examined in person.

Hope your little boy feels better soon!

0
0