clau420
clau420 asks:
Q:

is it normal that my ex boyfriend and my bestfriend text?

is it normal that my ex boyfriend and my bestfriend text, they never texted before when me and him were together, i just broke up with him 5 days ago, and i heard that they been textin, that my bestfriend ask him where was the party at and more stuff (she could of ask someone else). so i asked her if he told her about the partty and she was like no and i was like are u sure cuz i heard he told you about tha partty and dhen she was like i asked him where it was gonna be and she was like i been knew bout tha party, so i was like "so you been texting him" she was like yea and i didnt text her back..
In Topics: Friendships and peer relationships, Teen sexuality and dating

|

We are not sure if it is normal or not normal for them to text, but the concern is more if your best friend being truthful with you. Your friendship with your best friend is probably more important than the relationship with your ex-boyfriend. Let her know how their texting makes you feel and that you hope it does not hurt your friendship with her.

If you would like to talk or e-mail a counselor, please contact our Hotline. We also have a cool website for teens: www.yourlifeyourvoice.org Keep reaching out and hope to hear from you soon!

Take care,

Cynthia, Counselor
1-800-448-3000
yourlifeyourvoice@boystown.org
1
0

JeanneBrockmyer
JeanneBrock... writes:
Seems like your friends might be developing a relationship that goes beyond where they were when you and your boyfriend were together.  Not that it happened before you broke up with your boyfriend, but wonder if there was some attraction for a while. This is not really unusual since it's likely that you and your best friend have similar personalities and so your ex would easily be attracted to both of you.
It might be painful if your ex and best girlfriend get together or even just become closer friends. There's no easy way to deal with that, but try to be open to keeping your friendship with your girlfriend, sometimes best girlfriends are hard to come by!

Jeanne H. Brockmyer, Ph. D.
education.com expert clinical child psychologist

1
0
forevachristian
forevachris... writes:
Things like these happen occasionally to many people. when you guys broke up he probably went to your friend and confided in her because she knows you well so your best friend is probably just being a friend to him like she is being to you. there could be a relationship forming but if there is dont let it come between your friendship. i let that happen to me and i have regreted it ever since

1
0