rpao
rpao asks:
Q:

I observed my 5 five year daughters' preschool class. My daughter was dancing and told her teacher that she was dancing like a baby & she didn't like

they didn't know that I was observing them through the one-way mirror that is there for the purpose of college students or parents to observe. Another child that heard said to my daughter "how do you know?" and the teacher said to her "yeah --- how do you know?" my daughter specifically said (as if her teacher was another child) that she meant it in a nice way. When I'm around the teacher she melts and plays around with my daughter a lot but this time it was different, the teacher was very standoffish. When she saw that I was observing the class she did some activities with my daughter and the rest of the kids but before she had noticed that I was observing her she seemed really out of it. A week has passed and I haven't taken her since. I didn't want to say anything right there and then but it hurts to see that I was wrong about the person that is a huge influence and a person that my daughter is suppose to look up to, really is. To top it off I have to pay the next to weeks because I had to give a two weeks notice. I am waiting to speak with the supervisor tomorrow and fill her in on what happened and why I am no longer taking her there, mind you it was only 2 x's a week for 5 hrs. each day. Also, my semester is finished in the next two weeks and it was also going to be my daughters last two weeks anyway. What should I say and do? Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
Question asked after reading: http://www.education.com/reference/article/Ref_...

|

You are handling this situation very well. You observed your daughter's class and did not like the way she treated your daughter. You have taken your daughter out of the  class. You palm to speak to the administrator about the teacher's behavior.

I also wonder how your daughter felt about the teacher and the class. This is a good opportunity to give her permission to tell you about being respectful and that adults may not behave well.

0
0