Show me another question in this topic
estrenger
estrenger , Teacher asks:
Q:

What are the obstacles of home-schooling?

Do you think that homeschooling will affect the way children interact with other kids their age —or have problems with authority from adults that arent related?
In Topics: School and Academics, Choosing a school, Homeschooling

|
Hi estrenger,

Great question! I think that homeschooling can be an extremely positive experience for kids: they get targeted lessons, a chance to focus on concepts that they find tough, and a dedicated teacher. However, I think that homeschooling educators and parents need to also really think about the social and emotional learning that kids are getting a chance to experience.

If kids don't have a chance to socialize with peers and work in groups with kids their own age, they are missing out on a large part of the "real world" that they will be expected to be proficient in once they reach high school, college, or even their future careers. Working well with people is a skill that should not be downplayed or neglected, so it's important that parents make this a big part of their homeschooler's lesson plan... Otherwise, they're running the risk that their kids will not be socially confident or competent.

Alex

1
0
jessmomto2
jessmomto2 writes:
In our experience our kids have only learned how to interract with people of all ages better than when they were in the public school system and age segregated.  The key is to give them social opportunities.  My kids play on community sports leagues, take art classes, attend AWANA club, go on co-op field trips and many others.  So they have opportunities to interract with not only kids their own ages but of all ages as well as a variety of adults (coaches, leaders, teachers, mentors).  We've had no problems with the kids listening to and obeying any adults no matter the situation.

2
0
Santhosh-13
Santhosh-13 writes:
Homeschoolers are a different part. Some self-teach for religious reasons, yet numerous self-teach for a wide mixture of different reasons. The sum and kind of social cooperation self-taught youngsters get additionally changes, as does the scholastic nature of the educating they get. Likewise, some self-teach families are just included in centers or field excursion bunches with other people who share their same religious convictions while other self-teach folks open their youngsters to a more extensive mixture of thoughts and impacts, and some self-teach families use formal curricula and exercise manuals while.

I'm working in this website  http://www.kochi.maxlandkerala.com I'm frequently speaking particularly about what I call the "Christian self-teach development," i.e. those self-teach folks who self-teach keeping in mind the end goal to guarantee that their kids will hold particular religious convictions and with the expectation that their posterity will alter America's future course.

0
0
T_Branna07
T_Branna07 writes:
I Think homeschooling it's not really good for child. Study in school is part (very important part) of human socialization. And it is the school where child finds his true friends. The school will give your child a great experience. And education of a higher level. It will be very hard to recruit teachers in different school subjects, and one person can not be well-versed in all areas of science.
1 day ago

0
0
Show me another question in this topic
Anonymous