Kelex asks:

What are options for a learning disabled 17 year old to complete high school?

My son has learning disabilities and has not thrived in the usual high school environment.  I tried online virtual high school with the same results, too difficult for him.  There has to be an alternative for him to complete high school.  He did not pass 10th grade last year because of the pressure to do well in general education classes.
In Topics: Learning issues and special needs, Learning disabilities

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk:

Please seek out some great resources here: may be of help.  I know that online learning may not have been initially helpful, but,  they offer consultations to help match students with programs specifically who have LD.

Community College- sometimes these programs offer help for people who need career assessments.

National Center for Learning Disabilities :

I hope this information helps to guide you on your son!

Best wishes,

Louise Sattler, Psychologist

suebeth writes:
It is a Federal Law that all schools provide your child with 3 more years of education.  Until they are 21 years old.  Why is the school district not providing him with an IEP so that he has help and a para who goes with him and will give him aid and support in his class room?  You need to check with Disability Law in your state and your area and get them involved for your sons education issues.