slsr
slsr asks:
Q:

What are my options for sending my child to a different elementary school in the district than the one he is supposed to go to based on geography?

There are 4 elementary schools in our district. The one my son should go to based on where we live is the lowest performing of the schools in the district. What are my options for sending him to a different school within the district?
Member Added on Jul 2, 2010
This is in the state of New Jersey.
In Topics: Choosing a school, National education standards and No Child Left Behind, State education standards

|
ronald
ronald writes:
Slsr,

Some Districts have open enrollment across attendance boundaries, but MOST do not. The reason for changing the boundary requirement will likely have to be very compelling. Nevertheless, you should try. Start with the Superintendent's office. Please share your experience with the users on this site.

0
0
ronald
ronald writes:
Slsr,

Another option is to explore if there is a charter school in the District. Charter schools tend to draw students from thoughout the District.

Ron

0
0

If you don't have the telephone numbers for local school districts to learn their transfer policies, you can use SchoolFinder to research that data: http://www.education.com/schoolfinder SchoolFinder also includes information about charter schools and online school options.

I'm including below a few other informational resources you may also find helpful, as well as a link to the New Jersey Department of Education site (where you can research statewide policies and performance standards). Thanks for asking!

0
0