Guabi
Guabi asks:
Q:

Who owns my high school transcript? Can private school withhold if tuition bill is unpaid?

I had been going to a religious private high school up until my junior year. I transferred to a public high school because my family could no longer afford to pay for my tuition. In fact, they could not even afford and didn't pay for the last year I attended. I am now in my senior year and need these high school transcripts from the religious school and they refuse to give them to me because my family has not paid for the last year I attended. How can i get these transcripts and who really owns them?
In Topics: Getting ready for college

|

williamsjohn
williamsjohn , Child Professional, Teacher, Parent writes:
Hi Guabi,

As I understand it, the private school, unfortunately, owns your transcript.  I suggest you have a conversation with the private school - a respectful conversation - about your situation and offer to pay some portion of the tuition in exchange for the transcript.  

John
www.toptenskills.com

1
0