LarraineSol... asks:

If you tell your parent where you are going, can you get arrested for "running away"?

If i wanted to leave my house and move out at 17, which I am, and I told my parents that I was going to live with my boyfriend and his mom, could they Pursue me legally and get me back?
In Topics: Teen issues

Each state has a set of laws that define the age at which someone is classified as an adult.  In your case, at the age of 17, the law of your state will be a major factor in whether or not you are classified as a child or an adult.

You should consider carefully the options of staying in your home, moving in with your boyfriend/parent, or any other option.  This is a major decision and perhaps some advice from a counselor might be of help.