CeciD asks:

where can a parent begin the process to declare a child legally incompetent? My fiften year old reads on 1st grade level and mentally is a 6-7 yr old

In Topics: Learning issues and special needs, State education standards
> 60 days ago



Apr 18, 2012
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

You should begin this process with a school professional such as a guidance counselor, school nurse or principal/assistant principal.  If your child is currently in an exceptional children's classroom, you should start with his/her teacher.  If your child is 15 and reading on a first grade level then I would assume a special education placement is currently where he/she is assigned in school.

Best wishes!

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend Education.com to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely