kabrand
kabrand asks:
Q:

What parenting style do you use and why?

What parenting style do you use (permissive, authoritative, authoritarian) and why? What are the positives and negatives concerning that specific style?
In Topics: Parenting / Our Family

|
Hi Kabrand,

Great question.  Could you give us a little more context around what you're hoping to learn?  Are you having issues with your kids that are causing you to think about different parenting styles?  I'm sure if you can provide a little more information the parents in our community will be able to try to get you the specific information you're looking for.

Education.com Community Team

2
0
tara.jam
tara.jam writes:
Last week,after my human growth and development class, I began to use authoritative parenting because I was raised by authoritarian
parents. I learned that authoritarian parenting style could be the reason that I was irresponsible and dependent. Even though i didn't have a choice, I learned to be responsible and independent when my mom died.  I learned that authoritative parenting is the best parenting style because most people raised by authoritative parenting become socially responsible, independent, and self regulated as well as cooperative.

1
0