Georgieporgie
Georgieporgie asks:
Q:

How do I tell my parents I think I have ADHD?

My name is Sophie-Lydia and I am 12, I think I have
ADHD but how do I tell my Folks when I don't know for sure.

I don't know what to do?

By proxy.
In Topics: ADHD & attention issues

|

Ask your parents to talk with you and your pediatrician.  She has evaluation sheets that you, your school and parents can fill out as a first step.  Second, talk with your school guidance counselor about what you think may be ADHD. How are your grades?  Are you on time and ready for class?  Google ADHD or check the AAP website below for more information. you are making a good observation, but some else needs to help you achieve a good outcome.  Good luck.

0
0

laurenf
laurenf writes:
Hi Sophie-Lydia,

I would mention it to them and would start the conversation during a time when they're not busy and can focus and concentrate on what you're saying. I would also bring a list of symptoms with you. After talking to them about what you suspect, you can ask them to go over the list and reason for themselves whether or not they think you might have ADHD.

The first link is to an Education.com article on ADHD symptoms. The second is to other Education.com articles on ADHD.

Self-diagnosis is probably not the most accurate means of determining whether or not you have ADHD. I recommend visiting your doctor for a more accurate assessment.

0
0