ConcernedMom5
ConcernedMom5 asks:
Q:

Can parents be banned from participating in field trips or school activities?

The entire 2nd grade parents have been asked not to participate in a field trip that is one historically all parents have been allowed to attend. It is due to one teacher who "doesn't like" two of her homeroom moms. There is no violence or anything insane going on... more like high school behaviors. Can they really "ban" the rest of the parents who had nothing to do with the previous issue??
In Topics: School and Academics, My Relationship with my child's school

|
ronald
ronald writes:
ConcernedMom5,

In speaking with my wife who is a teacher, we suspect the answer is yes. You did not mention if the ban is coming from the principal or from the 2nd grade teachers. The best course of action is to discuss with your child's principal.

Ron

0
0
uchben
uchben writes:
If the principal doesn't resolve the problem take it to administration.  That is not right.  But also keep in mind that teachers need to act professionally and parents as role models.  Children are what we model for them.  Good luck!

0
0