Anonymous
Q:

how do i tell my parents i want to be a girl

Ive felt like this for as long as i can remember I'm 15 and i cant live stuck in this body anymore its making me really depressed. my parents would freak if i tell
In Topics: Self esteem and identity

|
blw110
blw110 writes:
Wow.  Tough question.  Wish I had an answer for you.  As a parent myself, I can imagine it would be really tough to hear.  But, that being said, I love my kids and I want them to be happy and to be who they are.  Try googling GLBT groups in your area.  Someone there is sure to understand where you are coming from, and can offer support and advice.  Best of luck to you.

2
0
EdieRaether
EdieRaether , Teacher writes:
Oh dear.  I am so glad you have reached out.  Are you sure your parents will freak out? Generally mothers are a bit more understanding on these types of issues.  You do need to talk with someone, perhaps a school counselor or someone who can help you through this.
You need to be heard and understood.  Don't stop reaching out until
lsomeone listens.

0
0
Camo2832
Camo2832 writes:
Hey, Some parents will freak out, but it's your life and you should be able to do what you want with it, I have the same problem, I feel if i tell my parents then they will really freak out, Sometimes you just gotta move forward and slowly ease it into a conversation, They might be confused but they will get over it, Don't worry no matter what they will still love and care for you. If you want to talk to someone that would totally understand then contact the LGBT

I'm a guy who would rather be a girl.

0
0