taytay233 asks:

My parents put too much pressure on me

They've been talking about college since I was about 6 years old and I can't stand it anymore. I'm only 14 and I don't want this kind of pressure. They accuse me of being lazy even when I work and try my hardest. Nothing is ever good enough to them and I just can't take it anymore. Please help.
In Topics: School and Academics, Teen issues, Children and stress

It sounds like you feel that you are under great pressure and are very stressed. Your parents are critical when you are doing your best. You want your parents to encourage and support you rather than criticize you.

Please talk to your school counselor about your feelings and enlist your counselor's help in talking to your parents. Your parents want you to be successful and do well, but you feel overwhelmed.

You may want to share with your counselor and parents - your strengths; your top three career choices; your need for encouragement .

If it is difficult for you to say these things to your parents, try writing them in a letter.