Dazz67
Dazz67 asks:
Q:

My partners daughter steals from me

My partners daughter actually steals from all of us,and I have confronted her and her mum,she ended up moving in with her boyfriend,how ever it has now come to my attention she has stolen part of a fire arm off me and a BB gun recently,as she has been coming over and staying and we believing she is changed and honest,I don't want it to be her no one has seen her but her mother know,s it's her I do to my daughter does and my partners other daughter does,I want to report to the police,my partner wants to trick her into giving it back,I am nervous as this a against the fire arms act,even thou the part is useless unless put with the other parts,....
In Topics: Parenting / Our Family

|

This is serious.  You should confront your partner's daughter and tell her that unless the firearm does not turn up within 24 hours, you will report its missing to the police.  After all, the firearm is registered in your name, I assume, thus whatever it is used for will implicate you.

Also, you might want to think about your partner's daughter's future visits to your house.  You probably do not want to exclude her from the family life,; however, if you suspect that she is stealing, set down some ground rules.  For example, no overnight stays, before she comes over lock up all your valuables (you don't need to tell her that), do not leave her at your house alone, etc.

0
0