stebbinsd
stebbinsd asks:
Q:

How to pay for college with my unique situation.

I just got through reading the article "Student Loan Options in a Tight Credit Market."  It all seems fine and good, but I don't think they covered my situation.  Here's the deal in a nutshell.

-I've already been enrolled in college for three years now, and I want to change my major AND my school, meaning I'll have to go to school for another four whole years, and I need financial aid for all four years.  As I understand it, FAFSA is only good for up to four years in a person's lifetime.

-Neither I, nor my parents have good enough credit for a private loan, or even a PLUS loan (we've tried).

So, basically, NONE of those options in that article are viable for me.  What do I do?
In Topics: Financial planning for college, Getting ready for college

|
mo_chix
mo_chix writes:
I know that FAFSA last longer than four years. This is my fifth year in college and I am still getting it. As long as you are under 24 the info they go by is you and your parents taxes. Once you are over that age it is just up to your taxes. That is how it works. You should still get it. Unless you of your parents make to much.

2
0
MelanyR
MelanyR writes:
Well, at first I would say that every situation has a way out. The best option for you is to turn to an expert, who would say what kind of options are available for you. But I do not think that private student loan is an option. These loans are more expensive and if you have a private loan you can not take part in rograms provided by federal government. Also private student loans have interest rates that may cahnge during the repayment period, so it's better to find a way to apply for a federal one. It's good that you have read the article and have some information, but I think that it would be much better to talk to an expert who have an experience of dealing with such situations.

1
0