cnsulli
cnsulli asks:
Q:

Paying for school

I just found myself in a little predicament when it comes to paying for school. I've gotten everything done, from applying, filling out my FAFSA and accepting the federal loans, when I realized (recently) that I'm roughly 3k short for the fall and spring semesters and I have to get a private loan.

The problem is that 1. My parents have a poor credit history and have said many times, that they wouldn't help me pay for college. In fact, I had to move out of their house because of money issues and just to be able to go to college. 2. I've only been working for 7 months and do not meet the requirements for applying for a private loan, and 3. I do not have a cosigner to speak of.

I've done my share of scholarship awards, and none of them meet my August 15th deadline so I do not lose my place in my classes or cannot move into my dorm room. So... yeah, are there any suggestions? I didn't get anything about Perkins...

Thank you!  
In Topics: Financial planning for college, Getting ready for college

|

Houli

You really are in a tough dilemma, and I'm afraid there are few answers to offer that might solve this problem.  I would suggest that you make an appointment with the college's financial advisor/counselor and ask for help from the school.

Start with this step and perhaps the financial advisor can help you.

Good luck.

0
0

normanW
normanW writes:
Well, the situation is quite difficult. But I think the best you can do is to turn to experts and professional advisors who can advice you what to do in your difficult situation.  Maybe you should wait, work and try to apply for a loan next year? Private student loan isn’t the best option, this kind of loan can cost you much more money than federal one. As for the cosigner think well, maybe you have some relatives, good friends, any one who can help. I am sure that there should be a way out from your situation, and I think that you should find a person who can give you a professional advice about what you can do.

0
0