Marebear
Marebear , Student asks:
Q:

How come I'm not perfect?

After transferring schools three times in the past four years due to my Dad's job, I noticed that I'm never good enough to be liked. I'm in tenth grade and have never once been asked out on a date simply because I don't look beautiful. I've tried everything: workouts, acne solutions, contacts- everything. But just when I start to do good, I never follow through on it. I've looked the same for five years now,and i want to be beautiful. How do I do that, because I clearly can't follow through on anything? Help please!
In Topics: Teen issues

|
hopkinstar
hopkinstar writes:
Who says you're not perfect??? :) In fact, you're luckier than most. Yes, travelling can be stressful but extreamly eye opening. You won't even begin to realize the benefits until later. And how are you measuring beauty exactly? By how many guys ask you out? You're lucky there too! To me, guys are great friends but the whole dating concept is distracting! Wait till you're in college and are ready for commitment! Believe this is true...it's not about your looks AT ALL. As cliche as it is....REAL BEAUTY COMES FROM WITIN!!! Now if you have an attitude problem of some sort, perhaps you can work on that. But it seems like you don't...so be happy and confident that nothing is wrong with you...and you will be liked by the right type of people!

5
0
laurenparrett
laurenparrett writes:
Please don't think you aren't beautiful just because you have never been asked out. It can be hard moving alot and starting at new schools and if anything, this is probably why you feel you may not be as social you would like to be. Try joining a club or a group to get to know more people. You do not want people to like you for the wrong reason anyway. You want people to like you because you have a good personality and you are a good person. Things like this, people will see when they start to be around you more. Do not let what you see on t.v. and magazines be the bar that you set for yourself. Those people are all struggling with something too. We all have something that we want to change about ourselves but I know there has to be something that you do like about yourself. It's okay to want to try a new style or work out to be healthy but do it for yourself, not for others and don't forget that what you look like on the outside does not make you.

3
0
canpanita
canpanita writes:
well to begin i don't think that anyone can be perfect. i believe that we can be very good at something but never perfect. we do have special skills but that is as far as it goes never to perfect. remember that we are who we are for a specila reason and who better that us know who we are. i believe that you want to be like the other kids but it does not matter because we are still that same person and nothing can chenge that. well if you want to look better do what your heart tells you to do and be good.

2
0
xmakananix
xmakananix , Parent writes:
As long as you have smarts, and a good head on your shoulders, then that's all that matters.  I'm sure you'd like to hear a quick fix solution, but none exist for "Perfection".  Don't worry about boys, and being perfect because in all truth not one person in this entire world is perfect.  

There might be people that you see at school who look perfect, but believe me, they have their flaws as well.  Looks aren't everything! Handle your education before worrying about dates, besides 10th grade is a little too young to be dating especially when most boys are only interested in one thing.  

Just be you! I'll tell you one thing though,  all the girls that were beautiful and "perfect" in my eyes when I was your age, are far from what I thought they were these days.  Looks fade.  I was the skinny, awkward, weird kid in school that blossomed later in life.  I had tons of friends, but I was the friend that never got asked out by boys or anything like that.  I didn't understand then how unimportant it was, but I understand now and I get where you're coming from.  High school is tough, but the real world is tougher so focus on what will help you achieve your goals and help you get an excellent education.  

Just please don't base your life on how many friends you have, how beautiful you need to be to get those friends, how perfect you have to be in order to be liked or to be asked out on a date because once you allow yourself to worry about those things, you start to lose who you are.  Then you start to lose site of what really matters in life.  Remember, Perfection does not equal Happiness, and IF perfection existed, then this world be such a boring one!

I hope you can open you beautiful eyes and see the beauty within yourself, and when you can do that, then there is nothing in this world that you Can't do =]

1
0