babygirl4
babygirl4 asks:
Q:

if a person is hit by car,only going about 5mph,and is clipped on right knee to passenger side of car,how likely is it to injure both sides of face an

If a person is hit by a car going 5mph on the passenger side corner headlight and is struck on right knee,how likely is it to have injuries on both sides of face and the nose is untouched?

Question asked after reading: http://www.education.com/reference/article/Ref_...
In Topics: Medical problems

|
surkaikandace
surkaikandace , Parent writes:
Is the person walking, running, or riding a bike?  Not sure how to answer this, but it is most likely that if the face has injuries on both side of the nose, that the impact from the injuries to both sides of the face will affect the nose.

0
0
This is a tough question, however; if hit by a car that strikes the knee, it seems possible to me that other injuries could occur from this accident, especially as you describe the contact with the knee was from the headlight, depending on the vehicle type, this would seem to be a fairly solid hit as the headlights on most vehicles are inset a bit from the fender or bumper.   Therefore, making me think that the car did not just graze the victim, so it seems likely that the face could have been contacted by the car.  Also, it would seem likely that the victim may loose balance and fall which could injure another part of the face.  You do not mention where the injuries on the sides of the face are, if around the eyes, it would seem unlikely that these injuries could occur without harming the nose.  If the injuries are lower on the face then it would be quite possible to receive injuries on both sides of the face without involving the nose. As you know, this is just a guess as we really don't know enough details about the accident or the vehicle or how the accident occurred but I hope my guess will help you come to your own conclusion.  Thanks for sharing with us on education.com, because this was an interesting question that allowed me to explore my detective skills or lack of.  Best Wishes!

0
0