Loddie1 , Parent asks:
Q:

If you had to pick one subject and label it the most important, what subject would it be? Why?

In Topics: National education standards and No Child Left Behind

|
CreativeRachna
CreativeRac... , Child Professional, Teacher writes:
The core subjects are important, but in my opinion, I would think English is the most important subject.  Poor reading and writing skills affect people in adverse ways .  Poor reading/writing skills can hinder job and school performance.  Students who are excellent readers and writers can benefit in most careers.  In addition, reading and writing skills are tested everyday in our society.  Picking up a newspaper, reading an article on the internet, and composing an e-mail are just a few ways that language effects us.  I'm sending a link to our reading and writing readiness link.  
http://www.education.com/topic/kindergarten-reading-writing-readiness/

I hope this helps,
Rachna

2
0
LouiseSattler , Child Professional writes:
Hello Loddie1,

I think that Language Arts (Including general communication, reading and writing) is the number one subject area across all cultures/ countries.  To be able to communicate via the Language Arts, allows people to share ideas, learn, and teach.

Great question. Thanks for asking.

1
0