Mariabe asks:

I plan to have my daughter spend college education in the Philippines. Is it possible to know what are the colleges that are USA accredited?

The reason behind this question is that I would like to use education plan for her. An example is 529 college plan. I would like to make sure I can use it for my daughter's college education.

In Topics: Study abroad, Getting ready for college

Hi, I did a Google search for "U.S.-accredited colleges in the Philippines, and turned up this list:

Unfortunately, it doesn't have each university's phone number or website information.

Here is an international directory of higher education institutions that is searchable by country (including Philippines), and that produces rich text documents with contact info for key higher education contacts:

Consider also contacting the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in the Philippines as well, to see if they have a list of U.S.-accredited universities there.

You can learn more about Section 529 College Savings Plans here:

I think it's great that you're planning ahead and saving for your child's college education!

dcalki01 writes:
My wife and son are in Manila right now for this purpose. I have only found one approved school so far, The Asian Institute of Management in Makati City, Manila, PI. I will let you know if I find others. My son want's to go to either University of Asia and the Pacific or De La Salle University.