KGriffin26
KGriffin26 asks:
Q:

Do plants grow better in soil than sand ?

My daughters in 1st grade , I have a few plants as well as seeds . I have a 50 lb bag of sand that I realize is too much , but that's the least I can get around here . Should I use the plants or the seeds or both

In Topics: Science fair

|

greenprof2

Is this a parent project or a student project? As an expert in the field, I think 1st graders should be assigned science fair projects. The parents end up doing it all, as this seems to be the case here. Yes, a 50 lb bag is the smallest quantity you can buy of sand - but it has many uses in the garden so hang on to the left overs. I'd suggest using the seeds, perhaps a fast germinating variety. Basil is a good choice as you can use the subsequent seedlings in your garden. Start with 100% sand in one container and increase the potting soil to the mix with succeeding containers, 75-25, 50-50, 25-75, 100% soil. At least you will learn something.

0
0