sos123 asks:

how to play softball or baseball?

Hi, I am young 15 year old girl who is a visual learner the problem is I'm staring softball in the first week of school and i don't knoe how to play it cause i have never through a ball or ever played sports?
In Topics: Sports and athletics

laurenf writes:
Hi sos123,

Ok so it sounds like you're in need of 2 things: 1) you need to learn the basic rules and 2) you need to practice basics techniques you'll need to play the game.

1) Basic rules - This article ( has a nice introduction to the game. You mentioned you're a visual learner, so I think going on a site like and searching for videos about the rules would be helpful. (Try this one: I'd also recommend the other videos in that series)

2) Basic fundamentals - once again, it's easier to learn by seeing, so I'd recommend for more videos again. You will probably need to look up things like: hitting, fielding, running the bases, and sliding. and other video sites are a great resource. Good luck!